Do you ever find yourself overstressed and overtired in the middle of the work week and in need of a quick and easy dinner option that will restore your health, faith, and good spirits? Well, look no further, because this anti-inflammatory, Paleo dinner featuring coconut and turmeric has your back.
This recipe is measured out for 1 serving and is super simple to throw together. For someone like me dealing with an autoimmune condition, this little bowl of goodness goes a long way in fighting mid-week stress, fatigue, and flare-ups. Just be sure to follow the steps as instructed because warming the turmeric in a blend of black pepper and coconut oil is essential for activating the spice’s anti-inflammatory properties. Once served, this little bowl promises a meal that is creamy, warming, completely Paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, and is even…wait for it…low carb.
Give this recipe a try the next time your energy needs a lift and be sure to let me know how it works out for you!
What You’ll Need –
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
4 oz Grassfed Ground Beef
1/2 Cup Canned Coconut Cream
1/2 Cup Water/Beef Broth
1 Cup Frozen “Riced” Cauliflower
2 Big Handfuls of Fresh Spinach
6-8 Grape Tomatoes, Halved
1 Tsp Arrowroot Flour
Salt to Taste
What You’ll Do –
1. Add your Coconut Oil, Black Pepper and Turmeric to a medium pan over low heat. Allow the mixture to warm for 3-5 minutes as the Oil and Pepper activate the anti-inflammatory properties of Turmeric. Be sure to stir often and don’t allow the mixture to burn.
2. Add your Ground Beef and allow to brown in the oil and spices.
3. Once the beef has browned, add your Coconut Cream and Water and slowly bring up to a low boil.
4. Add your Tomatoes, Riced Cauliflower, and two heaping handfuls of Spinach.
5. Once the veggies have mixed in, turn heat to a low simmer and add in your Arrowroot Flour. Stir well then allow to thicken (5-8 minutes).
5. Salt to taste. Serve and enjoy!